The Carnival Sensation launched into service in 1993 after being built in Finland. The Carnival Sensation, as well as many other Carnival ships, is registered in Panama. The ship's fact sheet reports there are 920 crew members and 2,056 guests (double occupancy). The ship may not be the largest in today's cruise industry, but it weighs over 70,000 tons and is about 855 feet long. The Carnival Sensation is a member of Carnival's Fantasy class ships, which consists of 8 ships in Carnival's fleet. The other ships in Carnival's Fantasy Class are the Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Elation, and Carnival Paradise. For more interesting facts about the ship click here to view the Carnival Sensation's fact sheet.
Some Highlights Of The Ship's Features and Places:
- Carnival's WaterWorks:
The Carnival Sensation's WaterWorks consists of a splash pad and multiple waterslides. To get on the waterslides you will have to go up to Deck 12's aft, by the ship's funnel. The waterslides will land on Deck 11 (the Verandah Deck). For those that have cruised the Carnival Sensation in the long ago past, the WaterWorks replaced the aft pool on Deck 11. This feature was added in a dry-dock several years ago.
- Serenity Adults Only Retreat:
Cruises are often filled with children and some adults want to get away from kids. Carnival designed and implemented an area on the Carnival Sensation referred to as the Serenity that is for adults that are 21 & older only. This area is located at the very back of Deck 9, which is the Promenade Deck. There are two ways to get to this area. The first way is to walk down stairs from the Lido Deck's very back area. The second way is to use exit doors located in the Plaza AFT Lounge. The Serenity Adults Only Retreat on the Carnival Sensation is located directly behind the Plaza AFT Lounge.
- Fantasia Main Show Lounge
The Fantasia Main Show Lounge is the Carnival Sensation's main show lounge. This is where the ship's production shows take place as well as some other entertainment activities that draw larger audiences. The Fantasia Main Show Lounge is located on two decks. The bottom level of the lounge is on the Atlantic Deck (Deck 8) and the upper level of the lounge is located on the Promenade Deck (Deck 9).
- Seaview Bar & Grill
The Seaview Bar & Grill is the Carnival Sensation's Lido Deck buffet. The buffet is located at the back of the Lido Deck, which is Deck 10. In the buffet you will find many different food lines that have some different options depending on the day and meal being served. Also, the Carnival Sensation's pizzeria and deli are located at the very back of the Lido buffet.
- Sensation Boulevard Promenade
On the Carnival Sensation's Promenade Deck (Deck 9) you will find an area called Sensation Boulevard Promenade. A cruiser walking down this walkway will see the Club Vegas Casino, Mirage Bar, Michelangelo Lounge, Kaleidoscope Discotheque, Joe's Cafe, and the Polo Lounge.
Some Helpful Tips and Tricks:
- If you are trying to walk from the front to the back of the ship (or vice versa) almost all decks will be able to get you from one end to the other. However, the Atlantic Deck will not because the dining room galley is in the middle of the deck. Also, Decks 12 and 14 are split and will not allow a cruiser to get from one end to the other.
- The Carnival Senesation has the full selection of Carnival's youth programs onboard. For those that are interested, the Circle C lounge is located on the Atlantic Deck in the atrium, the Club 02 lounge is located on the Promenade Deck in the atrium, and the Camp Carnival lounge is located on the Verandah Deck. Each youth program has different age restrictions and may not always meet in these lounges. Each program has an activity schedule that give's information about the voyage's youth activities, the times of these activities, and where these activities will take place.
- The Carnival Sensation's atrium has two glass elevators. These elevators are sometimes a little slow, but offer a great view of the atrium below.
- On the Carnival Sensation's lido deck, around the middle, you will see a covered stage. On one side of this stage is a glass dome that has a stairwell. This stairwell will take you down into the middle area of Sensation Boulevard Promenade on the Promenade Deck. For those needing to get from the Lido Deck to the middle of the ship quickly, consider using this stairwell.
- At the front of the Carnival Sensation's Verandah Deck (Deck 11), there is a door that will allow cruisers to go outside onto an observation deck. This observation deck is directly above the ship's navigational bridge. The best way to get to this observation deck is to walk to the front of the Verandah Deck to the area where the Verandah Deck staterooms begin. You will have a choice to go left or right. Take the hallway to the left and at the very front of this hallway you should see a door that leads to the outside. Once you open this door there will be another door only a few feet away that you will have to open before being completely outside on the deck.
For More Research On the Carnival Sensation:
https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-sensation.aspx - This is Carnival's website page that is dedicated to the Carnival Sensation. Here you can find some dining information, amenity information, and the deck plans.