Does Carnival do fireworks on the ships for the Independence Day holiday?
One question that is frequently asked is if Carnival Cruise Line does fireworks on the ships. Carnival does not do fireworks shows on their ships for any holidays, such as Independence Day or when celebrating on New Year's Eve. I personally would enjoy seeing a fireworks show from the ship, but right now Carnival does not do fireworks.
Events Generally Held On Carnival's Ships To Celebrate:
- 4th of July Bash - Carnival's website shows ships will hold a 4th of July themed deck party in the evening. When I cruised over the 4th of July in 2018, my cruise had a special 4th of July themed deck party at 1:00pm. The time will most likely vary depending on the events scheduled for the day.
- Misc. Outdoor Activities - Carnival has previously held an ice cream eating contest on the 4th of July. On my cruise over the 4th of July, this event has held as part of the outside deck party. If you cruise during the 4th of July and want to try to be a participant in this event, I recommend looking at your copy of the Fun-Times daily newsletter to see if this event is being held during your cruise.
- Line Dancing - Carnival's website shows line dancing is a part of the 4th of July celebrations on the ships.
- Carnival's website says some of the activities offered may included themed trivia games, bingo, and a slot tournament. The bingo and slot tournament will cost extra to participate. I am unsure of how the bingo & slot tournament games are changed to have a theme related to the 4th of July, but two are events Carnival will generally offer on sea days.
- For ships with SeaSide Theaters, Carnival will show American themed movies. On my Carnival Valor 2018 cruise, the movies shown were Independence Day and Captain America: The First Avenger. The specific movies that could be shown if you cruise during the 4th of July could vary.
Is any special food offered during the 4th of July in the buffet?
Carnival's website does not specifically describe food offered on the 4th of July. However, during my experience on the Carnival Valor in 2018 the ship's buffet served several cakes & desserts that were red, white, & blue. The other food items in the buffet and main dining room on this day were the same as what would typically be offered. Here are a few pictures of the desserts offered during my Carnival Valor 2018 cruise:
If you would like more information about what Carnival's website says will be done onboard check out this page of their website: Click Here (link will take you away from RyG's Cruise Guide)