The Carnival Dream was launched into service in 2009 after being built in Italy. The Carnival Dream, as well as many other Carnival ships, is registered in Panama. According to the ship's fact sheet the ship can have a guest capacity of 3646 (when each room is at double occupancy) and a guest capacity of 4633 when at its full guest capacity. The ship has 1369 crew members. The Carnival Dream has a gross tonnage of 130,000 and a length of 1,004 feet. While the Carnival Dream is an enormous ship, it is not Carnival's largest vessel. For more interesting facts on the Carnival Dream please click here.
Some Highlights Of The Carnival Dream's Features & Places On-Board:
- Crimson FWD Dining Room & Scarlet AFT Dining Room (Decks 3 & 4 - Lobby & Atlantic)
The Crimson FWD Dining Room and the Scarlet AFT Dining Room are both of the Carnival Dream's main dining rooms. Both dining rooms have a lower level on Deck 3 (Lobby) and an upper level on Deck 4 (Atlantic). The Crimson FWD Dining Room is located in the middle of the ship and the Scarlet AFT Dining Room is located near the back of the ship. A cruiser's dining time will determine which dining room is assigned. Typically, Your-Time Dining is scheduled in the Crimson Dining Room, but that is subject to change. When a cruiser gets his or her Sail & Sign Card on the first day of the cruise that card will have the assigned dining room and entrance printed. Cruisers need to make sure they pay attention to which deck they are supposed to enter the dining room!
- Serenity Adults Only Retreat (Decks 14 & 15 - Sun & Sky )
Carnival created the Serenity Adults Only Retreat as an area for adults that want to get away from kids. The Carnival Dream's Serenity Adults Only Retreat is located on two decks. Deck 14 (Sun) is the lower level of the Serenity and Deck 15 (Sky) is the upper level of the Serenity.
- Carnival's WaterWorks (Deck 12 - SPA)
The Carnival Dream's WaterWorks consists of multiple waterslides and a splashpad. Two of the waterslides, the "Drainpipe" and "Twister" share a starting area on Deck 15 (Sky). The ship's twin racing slides begin on Deck 14. The splashpad area of the Carnival Dream's WaterWorks is located on Deck 12. All three waterslides land on Deck 12.
- Encore Lounge (Decks 3, 4, & 5)
The Encore Lounge is the Carnival Dream's Main Show lounge. This area of the ship is used to host production shows, bingo, and many other activities that need a large space or the big stage. The Encore Lounge can be accessed on 3 decks - Deck 3, Deck 4, and Deck 5.
- Ocean Plaza (Deck 5 - Promenade)
The Ocean Plaza is an area on the Promenade Deck that is centrally located. When I cruised on the Carnival Dream, this area hosted many activities throughout the day-time and at night had live music. There are many chairs in the Ocean Plaza as well as a bar.
- Lanai (Deck 5- Promenade)
The Carnival Dream's Lanai is a large outdoor walkway that wraps around the outsides of Deck 5. This area has many hottubs that are at the edges of the ship and deck chairs for lounging. There are many doors to the Lanai found throughout Deck 5. One of the main doors to the Lanai area is through the Ocean Plaza.
- Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (Deck 10 - Lido)
Both of these bars are located on the ship's Lido Deck (10) by the main pool. If you are by the Lido Deck mid-ship pool, you will more than likely be able to easily spot these bars. Both bars serve different frozen drinks and beer for cruisers to purchase. The Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar are both Fun Ship 2.0 enhancements.
- Guy's Burger Joint (Deck 10 - Lido)
This is a popular Fun Ship 2.0 feature that Carnival has been expanding to its ships. Guy's Burger Joint serves free hamburgers and french fries at lunchtime. Prior to getting Guy's Burger Joint, the Carnival Dream had a generic hamburger grill on its Lido Deck. The Carnival Dream's Guy's Burger Joint is located on the Lido Deck, which is Deck 10.
- Blue Iguana Cantina (Deck 10 - Lido)
The Blue Iguana Cantina is another feature Carnival added to the Carnival Dream's Lido Deck. The Blue Iguana Cantina serves burritos and tacos at lunch. Usually, the Blue Iguana Cantina also has some breakfast options too. To compliment tacos and burritos, Carnival's Blue Iguana Cantina also has a salsa bar. The salsa bar has a multitude of options available for cruisers. The Blue Iguana Cantina is complimentary!
- Alchemy Bar (Deck 5 - Promenade)
The Alchemy Bar was also added during the Carnival Dream's dry-dock. The Alchemy Bar allows cruisers to purchase mixed drinks in a pharmacy themed bar setting. Cruisers are able to tell bartenders to mix ingredients to make a drink a certain way. The ship's Alchemy Bar is located on the ship's Promenade Deck (Deck 5). For cruisers that were familiar with the Carnival Dream prior to dry-dock, the Alchemy Bar is located in the same area as the Ocean Plaza.
- Pizzeria Del Capitano (Deck 10 - Lido)
Another feature added during the Carnival Dream's dry-dock was Pizzeria Del Capitano. Pizzeria Del Capitano serves five different types of pizzas, which are pepperoni, prosciutto, mushroom, Quattro formagi, and margherita. The Carnival Dream's Pizzeria Del Capitano is located on the ship's Lido Deck (Deck 10) near the aft (back) of the ship. Please note, this location is not the same as where the Dream's old pizzeria was located.
- Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ (Deck 5 - Promenade)
The Carnival Dream also received a new feature called Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ. This eatery is complimentary and is open select days of the cruise. Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ serves a variety of BBQ such as pork butt, sausage, beef, and some traditional sides. This area is located on the Promenade Deck's outside Lanai on the Starboard side of the ship.
- Bonsai Sushi
The Carnival Dream also received Bonsai Sushi during its dry-dock. Bonsai Sushi offers a variety of different Asian inspired foods. The food served at Bonsai Sushi is available for a charge. Bonsai Sushi is located on the Promenade Deck (Deck 5).
Some Helpful Tips & Tricks:
- If you are trying to walk from the front to the back of the ship (or vice versa) almost all decks will be able to get you from one end to the other. However, the Lobby Deck (3) will not because the dining room galley is in the middle of the deck. Also, Decks 14 and 15 are split decks and will not allow a cruiser to get from one side to the other.
- The Carnival Dream has a popular Fun Ship 2.0 feature called Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ that is open on select sea days. This BBQ eatery is located on the Promenade Deck (5) near the back of the starboard side of the Lanai.
- Camp Ocean is a youth program for ages 2-11. The main Camp Ocean lounge is located on the Panorama Deck (11).
- Circle C is a youth program for 12-14 year olds and Club 02 is a youth program for 15-17 year olds. Circle C and Club 02 are both located on the Atlantic Deck (4). These two lounges are next to each other.
- The Chef's Art Steakhouse is the Carnival Dream's steakhouse. The steakhouse is a venue that costs a little extra. The steakhouse is located on the SPA Deck (12) near the back of the ship.
- The Carnival Dream's atrium has four glass elevators. These elevators can offer a great view of the ship's atrium.
- For cruisers that enjoy basketball, the Carnival Dream has a basketball court on the Sun Deck (14) at the back.
- The ship's mini golf course and jogging track is located on the SPA Deck (12).
- The lobby of the Carnival Dream's atrium is located on the Lobby Deck (3). In the atrium's lobby, you can find the Shore Excursions Desk and Guest Services. There is also a bar on the Empress Deck level of the atrium.
For more research and information on the Carnival Dream:
http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-dream.aspx - This is Carnival's website page that is dedicated to the Carnival Dream. Here you can find some dining information, amenity information, and the deck plans.