Tips For Choosing A Shore Excursion:
1. Make sure the price of the shore excursion fits in your budget.
2. Make sure you are able to meet the recommended requirements for the excursion.
3. Make sure you have enough time in port to do the excursion and anything else that you want to do while docked in the port of call.
4. Make sure you know what time you will have to disembark the ship in the port of call to get to your excursion on-time.
5. Make sure you know what the weather will be like in the port before purchasing your shore excursion. If the weather is going to bad you might not want to do a water related excursion.
Deals On Shore Excursions - Possible, But Not Likely:
1. Try to book on the first day. This will increase your chances of getting the time and excursion that you want. Also ask the shore excursion if your cruise line offers a first day special.
2. If you earned an onboard credit you should be able to apply this towards a shore excursion's price.
Stick To A Cruise Line & Ship Sponsored Shore Excursion:
You probably have heard that non-ship sponsored shore excursions are cheaper. I would in almost all cases agree with that statement. However, purchasing the ship sponsored shore excursions is the better way to go. Here are some reasons:
- The chances of the ship waiting for you are increased if your excursion is delayed. Or the ship will pay for you to get to the next port.
- If your excursion gets cancelled you can get a refund easily from the cruise line instead of having to work with a third party company.