1. Many cruise lines prohibit the saving of seats before events or production shows in lounges which often includes the main show lounge onboard. Do not save seats especially if the entire lounge is filled up and people are roaming around looking for a place to sit.
2. On some cruise ships there are designated rows or seats that are for people who are in wheelchairs or have limited mobility. If you are not one of these people do not sit in one of these designated areas. If you do this you are being rude and taking away a spot from a person who may really need it.
3. Do not talk during a performance or show. This could ruin the show for the people sitting around you.
4. Turn your cell phone on off for the show. A ringing cell phone could disturb others viewing of the show. Also keep in mind that your cell phone can be more costly depending on your data plan because of roaming fees. Also being in international ports that are not covered by your plan may raise the price of your cell phone bill. The easiest solution would be to put your cell phone in your safe (if you have one in your room) and not touch it for the rest of the cruise vacation.
5. Do not stand in someone else's view. This is rude and can cause the person not to be able to see because you are in their way. There is a difference between everyone giving a standing ovation or participating and you standing because you can't find a seat in the dark.
1. If you pick up any gift shop item and you don't purchase it make sure you return the item to the designated place on the shelf. This is rude because you are creating more work for crew members and may be making items harder to find for other guests.
2. Don't play hide and seek with the items! Do not intentionally hide items behind shelves and other items because you want to save an item.
3. Do not take items from other guests hands. Doing this would most likely get you in a fight, kicked out of the gift shop, or in trouble with ship's security.
4. Do not steal items from the ship's gift shop. This is still considered stealing. It is rude, disgraceful, and is a crime. You will probably get kicked off the ship and/or get in trouble with local enforcement if you do this. Pay for your gift shop items to save yourself and others a hassle.
5. Often gift shops will run a raffle. Be mindful of the number of tickets you place into the raffle. Putting more raffle tickets in than you should is unfair to other guests.
1. Do not stop in the middle of the gangway to straighten your belongings because you will clog up the line behind you. Wait until you get off the gangway and find a place that you are not in the way to do this.
2. Do not push or shove on the gangway. People are going to move as fast as possible in the crowded circumstances. Often times there will be photographers at the end of the gangway taking pictures which will cause a hold up in the line.
3. Give people in a wheel chair a chance to get on the gangway. When gangways are crowded it can be harder for these people to get on or off the ship. Also some gangways are at an incline and it may be harder to get on or off the ship for this reason.
4. Don't become disrespectful with the person in front of you because the gangway line is moving slowly. Most likely they are annoyed also and can't control the situation.
1. Do not hide other people's photos behind other photos. This is rude and will make it hard for someone else to find their photo.
2. Do not recycle another person's photo.
3. If you are not going to purchase your own photo many cruise ships have a recycle bin for photos that are not good. Place your photo in this bin and help the crew members out and give the photo gallery a little more space!
4. Do not buy someone else's photo unless you know them. Buying a random person's photo would be weird and could be a little rude if you are keeping the person who wanted the photo from buying their photo.
1. Allow people who are running and jogging on the track a chance to get around you. Do not hog the track!
2. Make sure you are walking, running, or jogging in the established pattern of movement. Don't go against the flow of people!
3. If you stop to tie your shoe get off to the side. Don't block the track.
4. Be careful not to get hurt or hurt others on the jogging track. There are some people who are training for marathons and need to practice even during their cruise vacation!