Below is a list of by month of Carnival ships that currently have plans for a cruise re-start. The specific procedures for these sailings should be communicated to booked guests as well as posted on Carnival's website. As procedures, protocols, & itineraries are constantly changing you should check Carnival's website for the latest information as there is a chance by the time you read this something has likely changed. Click Here to go to Carnival's Guest Protocols webpage (link will take you away from RyG's Cruise Guide).
July 2021 Re-Start
- The Carnival Vista is scheduled to resume cruises out of Galveston, Texas starting in July 2021. The Carnival Vista will be sailing 7 night cruises in July 2021 that are scheduled to visit Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. The Carnival Vista's first cruise back in service is currently scheduled for Saturday, July 3, 2021.
- The Carnival Breeze is scheduled to begin cruises again starting on Thursday, July 15, 2021 out of Galveston, Texas and will sail 4 & 5 night cruises.
- The Carnival Horizon is scheduled to sail 6 & 8 night cruises from Miami, Florida, starting on Sunday, July 4, 2021.
- The Carnival Miracle is scheduled to sail 7 night cruises from Seattle, Washington to Alaska starting Tuesday, July 27, 2021.
- Carnival Cruise Line announced its newest ship, Mardi Gras, is now scheduled to begin sailing seven night cruises from Port Canaveral (Orlando), Florida starting on Saturday, July 31, 2021. The Mardi Gras' first sailings are considered to be pre-inaugural as the ship. It is unclear when the "official" inaugural voyage will be scheduled.
August 2021 Re-Start
- The Carnival Magic will start cruising again starting Saturday, August 7, 2021, and will be taking over the Carnival Elation's scheduled cruises from Port Canaveral that were scheduled between August 7 - October 7, 2021. Guests booked on the Carnival Elation will be moved to the Carnival Magic. Carnival also announced three new 6 night cruises and one 8 night cruise will take place between October 11-31, 2021.
- The Carnival Sunrise is scheduled to start cruising on Saturday, August 14, 2021 from Miami, Florida.
- The Carnival Panorama is scheduled to start cruising on Saturday, August 21, 2021 from Long Beach, California to sail 7 night Mexican Riviera itineraries.
In Carnival's press release it was noted cruises on the Carnival Pride from Baltimore, Carnival Sunshine from Charleston, Carnival Dream from Galveston, Carnival Ecstasy from Jacksonville, Carnival Liberty from Port Canaveral, Carnival Conquest from Miami, Carnival Sensation from Mobile, and Carnival Glory from New Orleans have cruises now cancelled through August 31, 2021.
Vaccine Requirement & Onboard Protocols
Carnival's Guest Protocols page has the following line written when describing the August cruises, "Carnival plans to operate the following August sailings with vaccinated guests. We will be providing more details directly to guests next week on guidelines and protocols." The exact details of the vaccine requirement as well as any other onboard protocols has not been fully released at the time of writing. If you are on one of these cruises keep watching your email for messages from Carnival or check Carnival's website.
To visit Carnival's Guest Protocols webpage: Click Here (link will take you away from RyG's Cruise Guide). Please note, this page has been changing throughout the past couple of weeks so as procedures and details get fine-tuned and CDC guidance changes the content of this page is subject to change.
For Carnival's press release over the August re-start: Click Here
Please keep in mind information is subject to change at any time. I highly advise you consult Carnival's website, talk to your travel agent, or call Carnival for the latest information. Onboard procedures and protocols are likely to change as well.