The Smores Parfait dessert has chocolate, vanilla mousse, and roasted marshmallow. These are the three ingredients Carnival has listed on the dessert menu under the Smores Parfait. In addition to these three things, the Smores Parfait has graham cracker (or something very similar to a graham cracker) crumbled inside. I am surprised Carnival's menu did not mention this ingredient.
On a scale of 5 stars (5 = highest rating and 1 = lowest rating) I would give this dessert 5 stars. Here are my reasons for giving this dessert the highest possible rating:
- Large Portion Size - The portion size of my Smores Parfait on the Carnival Vista was more than enough for dessert. On most ships that I have seen the Smores Parfait offered, it is served in a cup. I was already full by the time I ate this dessert, but I still ate the whole thing regardless because it was too good for me to not eat it all. I felt stuffed later, but it was worth it.
- Chocolate Pudding - The chocolate pudding was extremely good. Sometimes chocolate dishes on Carnival ships are too rich, but this chocolate pudding had a chocolate taste that was not too strong. There are two layers of chocolate pudding in each cup of the Smores Parfait. Both layers are close to the graham cracker which means you can enjoy the chocolate pudding with some graham cracker mixed in!
- Marshmallow Taste - The roasted marshmallow at the top of the Smores Parafait reminded me of marshmallow that had been actually roasted over a real fire. I wish the dessert would have more marshmallow mixed in with the chocolate pudding, but it was good enough.
- Is this served on all cruises? - This dessert dish is not served on all cruises. I have only seen this dish offered on cruises that are considered longer in length (6+ days). However, the chef onboard has the right to change the menu so having a longer cruise does not guarantee this dish will be served. By the same logic, just because a cruise is shorter does not mean there is no chance this dish will not be served, but it is unlikely.
- Does Carnival serve this dish on the buffet? - I have not seen this dish served on the ship's buffet. My guess is it is not served in the buffet, but you never know!
- Can I request a side of ice cream to go with this dessert? - The waitstaff on Carnival's ships are usually very happy to accommodate bringing extra desserts and I am sure your waitstaff would be willing to bring you some ice cream to go with this if you ask. If you want a lot of ice cream I recommend asking for a full order of ice cream as a second dessert, but if you only want a little bit of ice cream I recommend asking for a scoop of ice cream in the small bowl like what is served with the warm chocolate melting cake dish.
Also, food items and menus served vary by cruise and the length of the cruise.