How To Use The Fare Viewer:
Carnival's Fare Viewer is a little picky when you are entering information because it requires you fill in all fields to get search results. Before attempting to use the Fare Viewer you need to know a ship, sailing date, stateroom type, number of travelers, and your state of residency. This information must be entered into the system.
Once all of the appropriate data is given, the system will generate a list of all of the current rates available to you based on the options you gave. In some cases, you may see a Past Guest Rate, Early Saver Rate, and/or many other options. The rate code names will vary depending on what sales, promotions, or fares Carnival is offering for the particular voyage. Once you choose one of the available rates for your sailing, a list of prices by stateroom category will come up. To effectively use this tool you must know your stateroom category number (Example: 6E). This can be found on your cruise paperwork or by searching for your stateroom on Carnival's Deck Plans. This will show you the base price of the cruise for the particular stateroom category only. VERY IMPORTANT TIP: The number you see does NOT include port taxes or fees that are generally shown when you use the regular Carnival booking engine. Again, this number only shows you the base price of the stateroom without port taxes or fees added. If you want to see port taxes and fees I recommend you use the regular booking engine for that information.
If you would like to open Carnival's Fare Viewer: Click Here
(If This Will Be Your First Time I Highly Recommend Reading The Pros & Cons Below First For More Details)
Important Tip: Only use the Fare Viewer if you know an exact ship & sail date. If not, use Carnival's regular booking engine to look at itineraries, dates, ships, and homeports.
Pros and Cons Of Using Carnival's Fare Viewer:
- The Fare Viewer allows a cruiser to quickly compare basic cruise price rates if the cruiser knows an exact sail date he or she is looking for.
- This tool can be useful for cruisers that want to claim price drops. As long as a cruiser knows the base rate he or she paid, this tool will allow a cruiser to compare basic rates. Always keep in mind the Fare Viewer doesn't include the port taxes & fees. Don't get excited thinking you will get a price drop using the Fare Viewer because the amount the Fare Viewer shows is less (this is because it excludes taxes & fees).
- The rates shown only display base price. The rate does not include taxes, fees, or any fuel supplement (if & when applicable).
- This tool is not for cruisers that are looking to browse all cruisers in order to make a selection. The Fare Viewer gives no information about cruise length, departure homeport, or itinerary.
- The cruiser must know the category number for the stateroom they have booked or are planning to book.
- The Fare Viewer does not actually let a cruiser book. Bookings on Carnival's website must be done using the regular booking engine.
If you have any questions about this article please feel free to ask us on our Facebook page (Click Here) or email us (Click Here).