One of the new sandwich options available from Carnival's deli is the BLT Sandwich, which stands for Bacon Lettuce & Tomato. The menu that is posted at the ship's deli says this sandwich comes with "Bacon, tomato, iceberg lettuce on toast". My sandwich also came with mayo on one of the slices of bread, which was not indicated on the menu. If you do not want mayo or any other type of sauce on the sandwich you can tell the crew member working the deli when you order.
On a scale of 5 stars (5 = highest rating and 1 = lowest rating) I would give this sandwich 5 stars. My reasons for giving this sandwich the highest possible rating are as follows:
- Moderate Portion: I found this sandwich to be a very good size, but not too large. On my sandwich I had approximately 4 or 5 slices of bacon, three tomatoes, and a handful of lettuce. Although everyone's appetite is different, I found that this sandwich allowed me to still have room to try other things on the ship's buffet & have dessert.
- Crispy Bacon: The bacon in my sandwich was mostly crispy with the exception of parts of one piece. This could vary by ship and cruise, but in my experience the bacon was extremely good. Also, the bacon was less greasy than what is served at the Lido buffet in the mornings at breakfast. I enjoyed the bacon that was in my sandwich much more than the Lido breakfast buffet.
- Customization Is An Option: Carnival's deli menu is very standardized, but most crew members are willing to make small customization to sandwiches. I asked for only a light amount of mayo to be put on the sandwich and the crew member made sure he put enough to add flavor, but not too much.
- You Can Get Sides From The Deli To Go With This: The new style deli menu includes the option to get a side of french fries, potato and egg salad, as well as a salted chocolate chip cookie with each sandwich. The fries can be regular french fries or truffle fries. I tried the french fries and salted chocolate chip cookie with a different sandwich. The fries were really good and the chocolate chip cookie was good as well.
- Toasted Bread: I really liked the bread this sandwich was toasted on. The crew member making my sandwich toasted each slice of bread for about a minute and then turned each piece of bread around to toast the other side. The bread was not burnt and was warm when I took my first bite.
- Is this food item free? Yes, the BLT sandwich at the deli is free. Typically, Carnival's deli is open from 11:00am - 11:00pm which means you can visit the deli to get this item during lunch, as an afternoon snack, for dinner, or in the evening after dinner.
- Is this the same sandwich as the BLT listed on the room service menu? I would imagine they are very similar, but I have never ordered from the room service menu to know what that BLT sandwich looks like. At the time of writing this post, the BLT sandwich on the room service menu is available only during daytime hours and is complimentary from room service.
The review of this sandwich reflects my opinion. If you have food allergies or dietary restrictions please do not use this review to make any decisions about whether this item is suitable for your consumption, because this information may not include all ingredients or facts related to the food dish. Consult Carnival to get a full listing of ingredients.
Also, food items and menus served can vary by cruise.