What ships is Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ on?
Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ is on Carnival's Dream class ships (Dream, Magic, & Breeze), Carnival Vista class ships (Vista, Horizon, & Panorama), and Carnival Sunrise. The Carnival Radiance get this venue after its 2020 transformation dry-dock and Carnival's 2020 newbuild, the Mardi Gras, will have Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ.
Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ Menu:
Meats: Pork Butt, Blue Ribbon Chicken, Smoked Beef, & Smoked Andouille Sausage
Sides: Mac Daddy Mac & Cheese, Scratch-Made Slaw, Old Skool Potato Salad, Collard Greens, & Molasses Baked Beans
The names of these items are the same as the menu posted on Carnival's website and at the actual venue onboard.
Tips For Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ:
- This dining venue is usually only open at lunch on select days of the cruise. From my experiences, this venue opens on sea days and the first day of the cruise, but is not open when the ship is in a port of call. Once you are on your ship check the daily Fun-Times newsletter or Carnival Hub App to see the hours of the venue.
- The food is served from behind the counter. You will tell a crew member which meat and/or sides you would like. If you are not served enough, just tell the crew member and he or she will give you more.
- Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ Smokehouse is complimentary. The meats and BBQ sides are included in the price of your cruise. However, some ships have something called Guy's Pig & Anchor Brewhouse. The brewhouse is a bar and is NOT complimentary.
- A variety of sauces are available for your meal. The sauces can be found to the side of the serving line. If you do not want to put any sauce directly on your plate, little sauce bowls are available by the sauces.
- Due to this venue not being open everyday, there are times when the line can get long because people want to try the BBQ during the limited hours it is offered. However, the line moves decently fast.
- Currently, the dining venue is outside on all the Carnival ships that have Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ. Sometimes wind can be strong and after you get your food you will want to be careful to make sure your food does not blow off your plate. I have personally lost food to strong wind (was not BBQ). It is not fun to have to get back in line to get more food after already waiting in line once.
- This venue is 100% different than ships that have something called "Ol' Fashioned BBQ".
Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ Food Pictures:
I took these pictures on my recent Carnival Dream cruise, but these food items should be prepared the same way on all of the ship's that have Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ. Click any photo to make it larger!